Castel Giuliano has been inhabited since ancient times by Etruscans and Romans. Their traces are still visible respectively in a boundary wall and several tombs. In the Middle Ages it was owned by the Venturini family (Roman patricians). Since then it was split up and transferred as a dowry to several families including the Orsinis, Massimos, Chigis with Agostino the Magnificent. In 1546 all the lots were bought by Giovanni Patrizi and his descendants. In 1635 the whole property was erected in marquisate by Pope Alexander VII (Cardinal Fabio Chigi) in favor of Patrizo Patrizi who held the office of General of the Pontifical doors and Senator of Rome.
The main building of Castel Giuliano is the Patrizi Palace, built in several stages and whose final form was completed between the 17th and 18th century by the architect Cipriani with the addition of a grand staircase and a gallery frescoed by Passeri. Adjacent to the building is a 18th century manor church dedicated to St. Filippo Neri, which was a parish and has been restored recently by the property. Overlooking the palace, stands a park with a wide selection of flower essences and a collection of roses.
Adjacent to the building is a 18th century manor church dedicated to St. Filippo Neri, which was a parish and has been restored recently by the property.
Chiudendo questo banner o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all’uso dei cookie.OkLeggi di più